Play Therapy with Teens & Tweens
July 19 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$99 – $109
You’re never too old to play! Play therapy can be a beneficial and fun way to engage with adolescents. Come learn more about working with this age group and leave with many new interventions you can use today with your teen and tween clients.
1. Describe the benefits of play therapy for adolescents and how play therapy fits with adolescent development.
2. Identify special considerations for using play with adolescents, including introducing play, the play environment and other confidentiality concerns.
3. Utilize play therapy interventions to engage adolescents and build rapport.
4. Use therapeutic games that are helpful for adolescents in play therapy.
5. Explain how sandtray can be beneficial to adolescents.
6. Demonstrate art play therapy interventions to use with adolescents.
About the Presenter:
Stephanie Williams, MSW, LCSW, RPT-S is a Licensed Clinical Social Worke➔r and Registered Play TherapistSupervisor with over 15 years of experience in counseling and play therapy. She is an Approved Provider by the Association for Play Therapy and provides play therapy trainings on a variety of topics. Stephanie also provides clinical supervision for mental health professionals working toward their RPT, SB-RPT and/or LCSW in Missouri. In addition to her clinical work with children and families, she has over 5 years of experience in managing and supervising staff and programs. Stephanie also developed and taught a play therapy sequence of graduate level classes for the University of Missouri – St. Louis.